There are many reasons to work with Hallmark Nameplate, whether it be the quality they put into everything they produce, their expertise and decades of experience, or attention to detail and budget from beginning to end. However, their certifications in the realm of nameplates, graphic overlays, membrane switches, and electronic assemblies surely provide customers with the confidence they need to rely on Hallmark Nameplate. Here, we detail each certification.
Hallmark Nameplate is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, but what does this mean for you as the customer? ISO 9001 is a quality management standard used at Hallmark Nameplate on all identification nameplates, membrane switches, graphic overlays, control panels, value-added assemblies, and box builds. ISO 9001 is one of the most widely-used quality management tools in the world today.
Hallmark Nameplate has developed and implemented this quality management system to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements. We aim to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system.
That being said, there are huge benefits to working with a company that is ISO 9001:2015 certified. Here are just a few:
- Efficiency: Since Hallmark Nameplate has gone through the ISO 9001:2015 certification process, we have analyzed our processes and how to have top quality and efficiency.
- Savings: Studies show that ISO-certified companies experience increased productivity and savings that are passed down to the customer.
- Internationally recognized: The International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, is recognized worldwide as the authority on quality management. You can rest assured that our quality commitment is genuine.
- Manufacturer Relationship: The consistency and documentation ensure that you will have a positive and long-term relationship with Hallmark Nameplate, Inc. long into the future.
- Documentation: The ISO standard requires documentation of all processes and any changes. This ensures consistency and consensus, especially for printed products, which are always in a state of evolution/
- Consistency: All processes from research and development to production to shopping are all defined, outlined and documented thoroughly. This assures you that at Hallmark Nameplate, we consistently serve your needs effectively.
- Satisfaction: Your satisfaction is key, because of the way an ISO 9001:2015 certified company operates efficiently, consistently, and with a dedication to quality service.
- Constant Improvement: Improvements are carefully planned and implemented based on facts, using a system of documentation and analysis, to ensure the best decisions are made by Hallmark Nameplate to help improve your products.
Underwriters Laboratory (UL)
Underwriters Laboratories is an independent, not-for-profit product safety testing and certification organization. UL has tested products for public safety for over a century. Each year, more than 17 billion UL Marks are applied to products worldwide.
Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
CSA International pre-approves labels used on certified equipment which bear safety information and warning messages for end-users. Pre-tested labeling systems are recognized by CSA for different conditions (such as indoors, outdoors, etc.). Hallmark Nameplate’s CSA certified processes are identical to the UL Recognized processes. If a CSA certified process is requested, Hallmark will add its CSA designated identification mark to the label near the CSA logo.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is a set of United States government regulations that control the export and import of defense-related articles and services on the United States Munitions List (USML). These regulations implement the provisions of the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and are described in title 22 (Foreign Relations), Chapter I (Department of State), Subchapter M of the Code of Federal Regulations. The Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) interprets and enforces ITAR. Its goal is to safeguard U.S. national security and further U.S. foreign policy objectives. The related Export Administration Regulations (Code of Federal Regulations Title 15, chapter VII, subchapter C) are enforced and interpreted by the Bureau of Industry and Security in the Commerce Department. The Department of Defense is also involved in the review and approval process. Physical enforcement of import and export laws at border crossings is performed by Customs and Border Protection, an agency of the Department of Homeland Security.
For practical purposes, ITAR regulations dictate that information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies (for items listed on the U.S. Munitions List) may only be shared with U.S. persons unless authorization from the Department of State is received, or a special exemption is used. U.S. persons (including organizations) can face heavy fines if they have, without authorization or the use of an exemption, provided foreign persons with access to ITAR-protect defense articles, services, or technical data.
As you can see, Hallmark Nameplate takes its credibility very seriously, and its certifications with these groups is yet another indicator of their focus on value and customer satisfaction. They want their customers to feel comfortable handing their projects over to them, and the results certainly speak for themselves!